Sunday, November 8, 2020

The Birds Brought Beautiful Flowers

Who would think that Birds can create a garden? Well, this is exactly what happened along the Beach in Balara Bay Eleuthera,Bahamas The wild flowers were so beautiful in a kaleidoscope of colors, as far as my eyes could see. They presented a picture of peace and beauty against the white sand the sea. As I gathered them in my arms, and I could smell the tantalizing fragrance, I fell in love with the though of all of these flowers belonging to only me. I sat among the flowers everyday, but wondered who planted them and if the answer is "no one",then where did they come from. I pulled the "roots" from the soil only to discover that they grew in shallow soil in the sand. So, maybe the seeds were washed up on the beach, I thought, but No, because such radiant beauties would not survive in Salt water. So, I kept the mystery of the "Beach Garden" to myself until a few years ago, I ran into an old friend and he explained. He saw the same flowers growing in Canada, and the birds who lived there must have brought the seeds on their feet. Yes, my friends these migratory birds had flown thousands of miles to spend the Winter on Eleuthera, and I guess other parts of the Bahamas. This was true, because I saw some of the same wild flowers on the Montague Beach in Nassau, recently. I stared at them for a long time knowing that the secret of their existence lies with me and my friend. Now with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment